220g pasta shells
680 g marinara sauce
Cloves garlic (minced)
2 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon salt (divided)
1 cup mushroom ( diced)
½ cup water
½ cup cherry tomatoes
½ red bell pepper (about ½ cup)
½ yellow bell pepper ( about ½ cup)
pinch black pepper
- The first step is to cook the pasta. Boil the water and add olive oil and salt. Once the water is boiling, add the pasta shells.For al dente, cook the shells for about 7-8 minutes and 9 minutes for a softer bite. While the pasta is cooking, wash and dice all the vegetables and set aside.
- On the stove over medium-high heat place a large skillet and add the butter and mushrooms. Stir for about 1-2 minutes. Then, add the peppers, tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, basil, and cilantro.
- Add marinara sauce and about a ½ cup water from the pasta that is boiling. Cook all for about 3-4 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, boil the pasta.
- Next, drain all the water from the pasta and combine it with the sauce. Let it cook for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve hot!